Harrison's Bird Bread Mix
BIRD BREAD MIX
CRUDE PROTEIN: 14% MIN--CRUDE FAT: 9% MIN--CRUDE FIBER: 5%--MOISTURE: 10% MAX
- *For maximum nutrition, use 1 TBS organic palm fruit oil instead of cooking oil when baking.*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Combine the entire bag of mix with two whole organic eggs - no shell (remove yolk for less fat), 1 TBS high-quality organic vegetable oil (or red palm fruit oil), and 1 cup (235 ml) water.
- Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables, or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a "treat" and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
- Serve warm
- You can add some flavoring such as vanilla and maple, or herbs if it doesn't change the nutritional content.
- Bird Bread can be stored for one week in the refrigerator and up to 6 weeks in the freezer after baking.
- Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap, and placed back in the original Harrison's Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
- Do not reheat Bird Bread in a plastic container
*Hulled Gray Millet, *Corn, *Hull-less Barley, *Sweet Corn, *Toasted Soybeans, *Sunflower Kernel, *Peanut Kernel, *Lentils, *Peas, *Toasted Oat Groats, Calcium Carbonate, *Brown Rice, Baking Powder, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil)
Contains Certified Organic Ingredients